Earlier this week, Niantic confirmed that the Legendary Pokemon will now finally show up in Pokemon GO. However, in order to make it happen, trainers have to meet some Pokemon catch quota during the Chicago Event this coming July 22.
Since this Legendary Pokemon have been missing since the release of the game, I’m sure trainers who will attend the Chicago Event will do their best to make it show up. In preparation for the Legendary Pokemon raid, we have prepared some useful guide to counter and help you beat the Legendary Raid Bosses and have a chance to catch them.
Best Tier 5 Legendary Counters
Before we start, we would like to remind everyone that this list has been simulated for match-ups by RyanoftheDay from Reddit. There might be some little differences in the actual game but we can assure that it will so little that you won’t even notice. Here we go:
Generation I Legendary Pokemon Counters
In addition to the list above, here are the other options to counter the Generation I Legendary Pokemon:
- Mewtwo and Mew – Dragonite and Gyarados
- Articuno – Sudowoodo, Jolteon and Arcanine
- Zapdos – Dragonite, Gengar and Omastar
- Moltres – Jolteon, Vaporeon and Starmie
Generation II Legendary Pokemon Counters
Alternatively, some Pokemon are also good against the Generation II Legendary Pokemon. Here are some of them:
- Ho-Oh – Vapandeon and Sudowoodo
- Lugia – Magneton and Jynx
- Celebi – Arcanine, Houndoom and Charizard
- Suicune – Victreebel and Vileplume
- Raikou – Exeggutand and Tyranitar
- Entei – Gyarados, Nidoking and Rhydon
That’s all for now folks! Make sure to prepare yourself for the upcoming Legendary Raids after the Chicago Fest. If you want to know more about the mechanics on how the Legendary Pokemon will appear, make sure to read this article.